We are here to protect your team’s privacy.
Here are the basics:
How We Use Your Data
Principles of Data Usage
Certain key tenets guide our data collection policy:
- Employees First: Many products are designed for the benefit of HR, managers, or senior leaders. Our product is designed with the best interest of individual contributors in mind. We are committed to supporting employees, as they are the key bellwether for a healthy work culture.
- Threshold Principle: We only track when individual behavior exceeds best practice working norms. We define these norms based on the latest research. For example, we do not track how many hours you work. We only receive data once an individual exceeds 9 working hours/day.
- Aggregation: Burnout Bot does not share individual feedback or data with managers. We only share aggregated insights once Burnout Bot receives at least three pieces of feedback from teams.
- Anonymization: All data is anonymized by default. While individual contributors are able to share feedback as themselves, they must opt in to doing so.
- Consent: All teams must opt-in to using Burnout Bot, and agree to an itemized list of the data we are requesting.
- Team On-Boarding: We provide resources to managers to verbally introduce Burnout Bot to their teams during team meetings, to ensure employees have an opportunity to ask questions.
What data we collect
Rather than use noisy surveys, Burnout Bot looks at certain behaviors to determine if teams are working unsustainably.
Examples of data we track include:
- Working hours: If you’re working too many hours for too many days in a row (as determined by our research), Burnout Bot will nudge you to provide feedback on what’s driving this big workload.
- We do not share this information with managers, HR, or any other company stakeholders.
- We do not track overall working hours, only once employees exceed a maximum threshold of 9 hours/day.
- Time-Off: If you work too many days in a row, our system will flag unsustainable work behavior and nudge you to provide feedback or take a break.
- We only track time off when it falls below a minimum threshold for sustainable work behaviors.
- We do not share individual time-off data information with managers.
- Qualitative Feedback: When employees are exhibiting unsustainable work behaviors, we ask them for qualitative feedback about what’s going on with their team. We then use that feedback to provide action plans to address for managers.
- We only share aggregated feedback that is summarized into key themes. As an employee, no one at your company will ever see what you wrote.
- All feedback is kept 100% anonymous.
- We do not share verbatim feedback. We only share high level feedback themes.
👉 Have a question? Set-up a 15 mins. on-boarding call or send us a note at email@example.com